Happy Thanksgiving from your friends at Sew4Home! It’s a glorious day for family, friends, and food. But if you’re searching for an excuse to sneak out of the room before Uncle Tony starts into his annual holiday re-cap of the new traffic cones he’s added to his already burgeoning collection, why not browse for a bit on Sew4Home? We’ve compiled a few things that raise our “attitude of gratitude” here in the world of sewing and craft. Read on, and leave us a comment about what you’re thankful for!
We are thankful for...
10. Being able to locate the needle dropped into the carpet on the first try.
9. The fabric retailer who gives you an extra 3” because the previous cut was crooked and she wants to make sure you can trim a straight edge.
8. That moment when you turn a bag right side out and see that the seams of your boxed corner are a super-duper perfect match.
7. Pretty metal finishes, like grommets and rivets and snaps that allow us to whack something with a hammer… sometimes several times.
6. Plaid. Because… well, it’s plaid and plaid is so cool for about a bazillion different things.
5. Mistakes… yep, mistakes! If we never made mistakes, we’d never learn, and we’d never be as thrilled as we are when things actually go right.
4. Mrs. Peterson’s fourth grade math class; she was right, we do use fractions everyday in real life. However, she wasn’t quite as spot on with her prediction that we’d also need to know how to dissect a worm.
3. The sharpest tool in the shed - needles, scissors, rotary cutter blades, pins, seam rippers - there are a lot of slicey, pointy things that make our projects so much easier.
2. Fabric - and the designer brains who dream it up. Just when you think there couldn’t possibly be anything more beautiful than that last piece of fabric you bought, you blink and there’s another stack of gorgeousness waiting to be loved.
1. YOU - because without you, there wouldn’t be a Sew4Home, and then we’d probably have to join Uncle Tony in his traffic cone collection business.