New Janome General-Leaderboard Left

Kitchen Confections in Moda's Vintage Modern: Matching Recipe Cards & Gift Tags

In today's world of instant Internet gratification, does anyone actually hand-write anything any more? Here at S4H, we'd like to think so. And, we'd like to think the handwritten recipe and the personalized gift tag will be two things with enough old-fashioned goodness to never completely go away. I know some of the most cherished items in my own 'save box' are a couple recipes written in my mother's beautiful cursive on dog-eared slips of paper and a simple gift tag made from wrapping paper scraps and stickers. In honor of these vintage traditions, we have two special downloads for you today as part of our Kitchen Confections series for Moda Fabrics: matching recipe cards and gift tags. Use them to create your own 'save box' memories.

We hope you've been enjoying our Kitchen Confections series as much as we enjoyed putting it together. Being one of the first to be able to work with Bonnie & Camille's new Vintage Modern collection was such a treat! There are six pretty projects, today's free downloads, and an amazing Great Giveaway at week's end. Make sure you check them all out (scroll to the bottom of this page to see all the 'Related Articles'), then visit your favorite fabric shop or online retailer today to get some cuts of Vintage Modern. This collection will be gone faster than a plate of sugar cookies at kindergarten snack time, so don't wait and miss out. Visit the S4H Marketplace for our favorite online retailers.

Thanks so much to Moda Fabrics for sponsoring Kitchen Confections. Everyone involved has been, as always, a pleasure to work with; and the fabric itself is top quality in every way.

We designed out Kitchen Confections Recipe Cards and Gift Tags to match Bonnie & Camille's Vintage Modern collection, using the same pretty colors and some of the actual fabric swatches.

The cards and tags are available here as .pdf files. Click the link below one or both of the images to download the item. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is a free program. Please be patient with the download process.

Download: Recipe Cards

Download: Gift Tags

Sandy McClay said:
Sandy McClay's picture

Thank you very much for these...they are so cute!  And if I could sew, I would be loving on this fabric line! :)

Dianas kleine Welt said:
Dianas kleine Welt's picture

Oh wie schööön!!!Danke!!

Ganz liebe Grüße,

Diana

Linda Shooll said:
Linda Shooll's picture

Very Pretty! I want tomake the ironing board cover from last year.

Carol Bauman said:
Carol Bauman's picture

I love the whole set.  I downloaded the both the card and the tab.  I would love to have the accessories.

Anna Maria Quagliero said:
Anna Maria Quagliero's picture

This colors combination are so fresh! Thanks for recipe cards and tags!

Bev in Florida said:
Bev in Florida's picture

I LOVE all of the "nostalgia" things. Please give us more! And the recipe cards and tags downloads are great to have. Especially for me because I give quite a few home made baked goods as gifts at Christmas. The recipe cards will go well with them. And the tags are great for any kind of gift. Thanks once again for your wonderful site!

Nancy Christensen said:
Nancy Christensen's picture

I love the fabric and all of the projects made for the kitchen.  I think it would make an eye-popping patchwork shower curtain for my guest bath.

Leslie said:
Leslie's picture

This is such a cheerful collection of fabrics!  I especially love the pattern for the toaster cozy!  I think this will be my next project!

nellatrees said:
nellatrees's picture

Nothing like Retro. Love those colors and patterns. They help take us back to a time of happiness and memorable moments in our lives that we can cherish, yet we are now able to make new memories with these fabrics.

vicki crandall said:
vicki crandall's picture

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this fabric!!! I can already see it made up in my kitchen. Thank you for the inspiration.

Maria João said:
Maria João's picture

I love the colors combinations, and i´m shure that my kitchen will be more beautifull. I only regret than in Portugal this fabric are not avaible. Thanks for all nice ideas.

Kristiina said:
Kristiina's picture

I have gleened so much inspiration from your well written and illustrated tutorials!  Even though I have been sewing on/off for 6 years, I still consider myself a beginner.  Lately I've dove in head first and have made everything from matching dress/bloomer/shoe set for my daughter to cloth napkins, unpaper towels, aprons and table runners.  Your most recent posts have prompted me to create completely hand made wedding gift set.  Cloth napkins, table runner, and double sided pot holders, plus a scrap decorated tote for the new mrs. I only wish I could see her face when she opens it!  Thank you again for all the great tuts and I eagerly wait for more!

just cindy said:
just cindy's picture

these are an awesome addition to the gifts i made for my nices wedding shower.

Deb Fleming said:
Deb Fleming's picture

I'll use these over and over again as presents. Thanks

Betty D said:
Betty D's picture

Love this fabric line - reminds me of the '50's.  Great color combinations.  And actually really nice freebies with the gift tags and recipe cards - cute!

Simka M. said:
Simka M.'s picture

Thanks for the recipe card and gift tag downloads.  I love the whole series and adore the fabrics!  I'm so wanting some.

Brazilian jiu jitsu Surrey said:
Brazilian jiu jitsu Surrey's picture

My family always say that I am wasting my time here
at net, except I know I am getting know-how every day by reading thes fastidious articles.

tsetsgee said:
tsetsgee's picture

I love to print this printable things. Thank you Sew4Home;)

Carla TV said:
Carla TV's picture

These are adorable! I'm definitely printing some out!

m said:
m's picture

Thank you so much for these great recipe cards and gift tags!  The fabric is so pretty-looks good enough to eat!  Now we have matching gift cards!

Rosemary Bolton said:
Rosemary Bolton's picture

I love this fabric, and these cards are adorable!!